The Union Plus Credit Card
The Union Plus Credit Card from Capital One enables the Union members to choose the card right for them and apply for it or respond to the mail offer online safely and conveniently. Upon approval, they can access all the cardholder facilities available to them as well as enroll for the Online Access to manage the card account over the web to stay on top of their card activities anytime anywhere as they want.
Union Plus Credit Card Features and Benefits
The Union Plus Credit Card is issued by Capital One N.A. pursuant to a license by Mastercard International Incorporated. There are 3 types of Union Plus Credit Card as following
Primary Access (Good Credit)
The Union Plus Primary Access Credit Card is appropriate to build credit through responsible use and access a higher credit line for making the first 5 payments on time. The credit line of the card ranges from $300 to $3500
Rate Advantage Card (Excellent Credit)
Coming with low-interest rate and no introductory APR the Union Plus Rate Advantage Credit Card offers the cardholders 0% APR for the first 15 months on purchases and transfers and the available credit line is $500-$7500
Cash Rewards Card (Excellent Credit)
The Cash Rewards Union Plus Credit Card lets the users earn 1.5% cashback on every purchase with 0% APR for the first 12 months on purchases and transfers. The credit line is $500-$10000
General Features & Benefits
Irrespective of card types, as a Union Plus Credit Cardholder you can enjoy some common features, facilities, and Mastercard benefits such as
- No Annual Fee
- Hardship Grants i.e. Disability grant ($1600-$2700), Hospital grant ($1200), Job loss grant ($300), Strike grant ($300) after 3 months of card membership
- All grants are paid to the eligible cardholders by check and they never have to pay them back
- A bunch of rebates and discounts like AT&T Rebates from Union Plus, Discount with Teleflora, Discount on the Union Plus Motor Club, and Car Rental
- Masterrental Collision Damage Waiver to cover both physical damage and theft paying for the entire rental transaction
- A number of Identity Theft Resolution Services
- Price Protection for 60 days from the date of purchase on the receipt for the difference between your paid price and lower price advertised
- $0 Fraud Liability if the card is lost or stolen
- 24/7US-Based Customer Phone Service and so much more
Rates & Fees
- APR for Purchase: 24.74% (Primary Access); 12.4%-22.4% (Rate Advantage Access); 14.4%-24.24% (Cash Rewards) after the eligible time period of 0% introductory APR
- APR for Cash Advance: 25.49%
- Penalty APR: 26.49%
- Annual Fee: None
- Transfer Fee: 3% of each amount
- Cash Advance Fee: Either $10 or 4% of each amount
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $38
- Returned Payment: Up to $25
How to Apply for a Union Plus Credit Card Online
Any current member in good standing of a participating union or any of his/her family member or any retired union member, or member of Working America residing in the 50 United States, Washington DC or US Military location, are eligible to apply for a Capital One Union Plus Credit Card.
The application of a Union Plus Credit Card can be done by both with a replying to a pre-screened offer and in a general way without any pre-qualifying invitation online.
The union members who did not receive any mail offer from Capital One but want to apply for a Union Plus Credit Card can go to the official The Union Plus Credit Card from Capital One website at www.theunioncard.com. Choose the card that’s right for them and click on the green “Apply Now” button below that card. You can also first click the “Apply Now” button at the left topmost corner of the page and then select the card you would like to apply for.
Entering the secure application page, take a look at the card summary at the very beginning and start to fill out the online form with the following information.
- First Name
- Middle Initials
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Union Name
- Union Local Number
- US Citizenship status
- Residential Address (No PO Box)
- Suite or Apt Number if applicable
- Zip Code
- Mailing Address if different from the residential address
- Email Address
- Primary Phone Number
- Employment Status
- Total Annual Income
- Monthly Rent or Mortgage Amount
- Residence Type
- Bank Account
- Credit Card Spend Per Month
Select if you are interested in blank checks to use for cash advances and if you plan to transfer any balances from other Capital One credit cards. Check the box in additional information. Go through the important disclosures about your eligibility, rates, fees, and other costs. Click the “Continue” button to complete the rest application and submit.
Apply with a Mail Offer
If you are a recipient of a Union Plus Credit Card mail offer from Capital One, and who have not received such, you can start the application with your personalized reservation number and access code which is one of the most convenient and easiest ways to apply and get a response in seconds. To initiate the procedure, keep the invitation letter ready to access and
- Visit www.theunioncard.com
- Scroll down a little to let the title bar pop down at the top of the page.
- Click the “Reply Now” link next to ‘Received a Mail Offer’ from the middle of that bar at the top.
- Enter the 16-digit Reservation Number and 6-digit Access Code in their respective field on the left-hand side of the page. These numbers always appear together on the offer letter, usually on the bottom portion.
- Click the “Get Started” button to proceed with your application.
As a pre-qualified applicant, some fields will be auto-filled on your application page so it won’t take much time to complete the entire application.
If approved, your new Union Plus Credit Card along with the credit line and welcome materials will be sent to you within 7-10 business days in the U.S. mail.
How to Set Up Capital One Union Plus Credit Card Online Account
In order to access the Union Plus Credit Card and manage the card account over the web, the cardmember must have an Online Account with Capital One to link their Union Plus Credit Card into it. If not, you will need to create one. It is a one-time enrollment process. To get started, have the Union Plus Credit Card to your hand and follow the steps provided below.
- Visit the Capital One Union Plus Credit Card Sign-In portal at www.unionpluscard.com
- Click on the “Set Up My Account” button below ‘I don’t have a Capital One online account’ next to the ‘Sign In’ button in the middle of the page.
- Entering the Capital One Enrollment webpage, type your Last Name in the first field.
- Then enter your Social Security Number/ITIN or Bank Account Number
- Lastly, insert your Date of Birth
- Click the “Find Me” button to locate your identity in the Capital One system.
Follow the onscreen instructions and provide the information you will be asked to complete the enrollment procedure and create your Capital One Union Plus Credit Card Online Account.
How to Log into Union Plus Credit Card Account Online
Once you have set up the online access in the Capital One system for your Union Plus Credit Card, you can log into the Online Account at any time to access your Union Plus Credit Card and manage your card activities, view the transactions, pay bills, and access all other features, benefits, and tools offered by Capital One Online Access Service conveniently at any time anywhere. To log in
- Go to www.unionpluscard.com
- Click the “Sign In” button under ‘I have a Capital One online account’
- Enter the username and password associated with the account
- Check the “Remember Me” box if you want to speed up the login process in the device you are using next time.
- Click the green “Sign In” button to access your Capital One Union Plus Credit Card Online Account.
Also Read : Access Your Amazon Rewards Credit Card Account
How to Recover Capital One Online Account Login Info
The cardholders, who cannot remember their Union Plus Credit Card Online Account login info, will need to click the “Forgot Username or Password?” link under the ‘Sign In’ button and submit the basic information such as
- Last Name
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
Click on the “Find Me” button to verify the identity and start the recovery process providing your username to reset the password or the email address on the file to reset the password.
To check the Application Status, call at 1-877-277-0948
To apply over the phone or more information about The Union Plus Credit Card from Capital One, dial 1-800-522-4000