American Express Credit Card Activation & Account Login
American Express Credit Cardholders are allowed to activate their card online and create an online account to manage that card virtually as well. For card activation and registration, the consumers are offered a dedicated and secure website that can be accessed from anytime anywhere in the world. By accessing the portal, the users can not only activate or set up their new Amex card but also do a lot of activities conveniently without stepping out and enjoy exclusive member benefits and services also.
American Express Online Account Features & Benefits
With American Express Online Account Management, you will be able to access a number of features and services, although the availability of some of them depends on the account type. However, here are some general benefits and advantages that you can get to enjoy for creating an Amex Online Account.
- Activate a new American Express credit card
- Track your card activity
- Set up convenient email reminders
- Sign up for the paperless statement
- View your FICO Score for free and get educational help to explain the score
- Link a checking account for easy online payment
- Make one-time or schedule a recurring payment
- Check if you are eligible for a balance transfer
- See your credit report for free once in a calendar year from each of the three major credit bureaus
- Add or remove an additional card member to your credit card account
- Access PIN management service
- Find out your credit line
- Request a credit limit increase
- Update your contact information or change the address
- Check and redeem the Membership Rewards Points
- View important account documents, terms and conditions stored for 12 months and download and save copies if required
- Choose the card alert preference
- Manage the card account with Amex Mobile App while on the go and many more
How to Confirm & Activate American Express Card Online
After you are approved for an American Express Credit Card and received it in the mail, you can confirm you have received your new card online. And then activate it and register for an online account to access the card virtually through the Amex website or mobile app. If you are already enrolled for an Amex Online Account Access service, you can easily sign in to confirm you have received your card and activate to start using. For that, you can
- Visit www.americanexpress.com/activate
- Enter the 15-digit Card Number from your Amex Credit Card in the first field of the page
- In the second field, type the 4-digit Card ID
- Click on the “Confirm” button
The location of your card details may differ depending on your American Express Card. If you have difficulties to locate those, take the help of the sample image provided on the right-hand side of the page. You can also find the instructions on how to activate and confirm the sticker on the front of your new Amex card.
How to Create American Express Online Account
If you do not have an online account with American Express or have one but want to manage your new card in a separate account, you can register for a new Amex credit card online account. Card Activation and Registration is a free online service. The process is very fast and easy and can be completed in 3 simple steps. For registration, keep your new card ready and
- Visit American Express Credit Card
- Click on the “Start Here” link found at the bottom of the login area.
- Entering the designated page, type the 15-digit Card Number and 4-digit Card ID in their respective fields. (Look at the example provided right to the entry fields to know the location of that information on your card).
- Click the “Confirm” button to proceed.
Set up the required login credentials; choose the security questions and set the answers. Finish the rest to create your American Express Credit Card Online Account.
How to Log in American Express Credit Card Online Account
Once your American Express Online Service Account is established, you can log in to it and access all the information about your Amex credit card as well as take all benefits of the service to get better control over it. To log in, you can
- Go to the same portal at American Express Credit Card
- Enter the User ID and Password that you created during registration your card or setting up the Online Account in their fields.
- Select the “Remember Me” checkbox if you are planning to return and access the portal frequently on the device and shorten the login process.
- Click the secure “Log In” button.
How to Recover American Express Credit Card Online Account Login Info
The members, who cannot find their User ID or remember the password, are able to retrieve or reset the info and gain their American Express Credit Card Online Account Access again. To begin the recovery procedure, you will need to
- Click the “Forgot User ID or Password?” link below the ‘Login’ area.
- Select what you require from the top between “Forgot User ID” and “Forgot Password”
- submit your 15-digit Amex Credit Card Number and 4-digit Card ID or CID
- Click on the “Continue” button to verify your identity; update your password and retrieve your American Express Online Account.
American Express Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-528-4800
PO Box 981535
El Paso, TX 79998-1535